Climate change is happening all around us, and the role humans have played in it is now irrefutable. So much of that change is driven by business, which is why we're serious about reducing our impact on the environment.
Here's what we've done already:
- Responsible packaging
- Our new mailers are FSC certified, which means they're manufactured with a mix made from responsible sources. Plus, it's 100% recyclable.
- Deforestation causes species destruction and increased greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, to just name two effects. Not in our name.
- Polythene sleeve quality
- We've raised the quality of our plastic polythene sleeves.
- Not only does this mean you get the best quality available, but it means that they last much longer - no harmful replacements, just a product that keeps on working!
- Shipping label printing
- We've recently adopted a new printing method for our shipping labels which eliminates the use of ink altogether.
- Elements of conventional ink come from non-renewable sources and they also emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs). In short, the less we use, the better.
As we grow our impact is only going to get larger, which is why we're committed to continuing to develop our methods. So, what's next?
Just take a look at the table below to see our targets, and our progress towards hitting them. Some of these things take time to research, organise and then implement which is why the time frame is long for some targets. This target is the worst case scenario, and we will strive to meet these targets much sooner wherever possible.
We'll also keep updating this table with more targets, so keep checking back to see what we're up to.
|Target ||Time Frame ||Completed? |
Introduce an opt-in service where we won't send a paper invoice at all
|December 2018 ||YES! |
Recycle 100% of our ink cartridges
|January 2018 ||YES! |
|Use carbon-neutral delivery firms wherever reasonably possible ||December 2018 || |